Friday, June 19, 2009

More Green Information about Home, Sweet Home.

Reading an article from www.TheGreenGuide.com a National Geographic publication regarding beds and linens my thoughts wondered to all the people I know with sleep issues.
A lack of sleep can drain our energy, cause slow thinking and slower reactions when driving, just to name a few. I'm not from the medical community but I know my own issues as well as hubby's issues when tired. This topic in the magazine focused on GREEN bedding and beds. A few places I want to be non-toxic as possible are the bedrooms, the bathrooms, and the kitchen at a minimum as well as the entire house. To cut costs a few manufacturers (if any) are using ways to cut, paste, glue for making furniture. Finding out that some beds are made of metal, without glue and resins is a good option. Linens can be a source of chemical exposure meaning while we sleep we're breathing in volatile organic chemicals or VOC's. No, I do not want to throw out the sleigh bed but put a kentia palm, Janet Craig or Peace Lilly in the corner of the room. Just remember to protect the flooring by allowing space under the plant by placing the pot into a larger pot with a spacer for protection while allowing spill free watering.

No comments:

Post a Comment