Monday, June 29, 2009

Consumer bare responsibility too.

Yesterday I wrote about corporations responsibility. Every buyer is responsible too.
Before buying in the materialistic world of spend, spend, spend, think before you buy. Just a few questions to ask yourself.

Do I really need this item?
Where will this be in five years, replace or recycle or both?
If I save this money today and put off the spend, will I be hurt?
What benefit do I derive from this purchase?
Will it make my life better?
Is this for shear convenience or pleasure?
Who does benefit from this purchase?

Price is not the issue here. Questioning what one person in a seminar I attended this spring said we are suffering from stuffication. Yes, I would say so. The example Mike used was the number 1 hotest sale 2008? Self Storage, need I say more.
There are those without food, do we really need to waste more because we have more?

No comments:

Post a Comment