Saturday, October 3, 2009

Ok, after Julie and Julia

Is food GREEN? Not really but it isn't un-GREEN with all scraps, composting, etc.

So while the movie was rolling and I saw what she was making knowing I had fresh tomatoes in the kitchen it was a must...ok many you'll have to wait until summer unless you live south and still have tomatoes...

Brown an inch thick slices of bread in butter
Slice or chop tomatoes layer on top
Chop onion and pepper, small amount of both
Chopped fresh basil, sprinkle on top of vegetables
Pour a 1/2 tablespoon of Balsamic vinegar & 1/2 tablespoon oil in squeeze bottle (the type the ketchup comes in at the fast food place) ok, I'm dating myself
top with shredded Monterrey jack cheese

I use five slices, 1 tomato, 1 green onion and 1 inch of pepper (any color), amount of cheese, personal choice...for the 2 of us...love cooking, stay posted...love food, stay posted...I'm a professional that has been cooking for a very long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment