Friday, October 23, 2009

Hotels are trying but please it will take us all

After checking into a hotel recently I found a card saying to save water, bleach, soap on the environment just hang the card on the door before 2:00 am if you do not need a linen change. I did that immediately. The next morning the card was shoved under my door. The thoughts were great, they know I'm covered and we'll save a minuet bit together. Well much to my chagrin that afternoon upon returning to my room everything was nice and neat with all fresh linens.

Ok, once again, where is the communication break down? This is a process, system and communication breakdown. Why not have a dumb system (low cost) that allows the customer to input a feed into the system. Save all the paper & printing and promotion for e-devices. Allow the system to feed into the smart system once every four hours and housekeeping would save on output of human hours, save on costs, save environmental pollution.

Everyone wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment