Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bruschetta: One of my favorite things in the spring and summer when fresh vine ripened tomatoes are available is to make bruschetta. I developed this recipe and much to my delight when visiting a local upscale restaurant I choose their bruschetta it was very much like the one I made up: You need to buy a squirt bottle with a tiny opening. Mix balsamic vinegar with a small amount of oil. Try 1/3 cup vinegar and 1 tablespooon oil. Slice Italian bread, butter both sides and grill until toasted. Top each slice with a tomato slice, sprinkle with small amount of chopped onion and green pepper. snip basil over all. sprinkle with vinegar and oil mix. Add either fresh mozzarella or any favorita white cheese. For hubby and I usually 5 slices is adequate and this is a favorite with soup or salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment