Saturday, August 15, 2009

Media and Nonsense

Interviewing a CEO from Australia today he shared a story about "the lady of the house was going to the hair saloon for her hair appointment. There was a headline on the paper in the saloon that said "Financial Crisis" so she said to herself if we're in a financial crisis maybe I should cancel my appointment, so she cancelled her appointment. She called her husband and said if we're in a financial crisis maybe we should cancel the home we were going to build. So her husband cancelled the home contract, and the home developer cancelled the home builder, and the developer called the architect, the architect called in another architect and said, we can not continue to employ you. The architect went home and said, I'm sorry but I've lost my job". The architect building the home was the person fired from the firm...you get the picture...it's all about the media. Maybe it's just a cycle of garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment