Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Paper Towels and Paper Napkins Out of Kitchen

Yesterday a friend was quite surprised when I announced I had stopped using paper in the kitchen. Her immediate response was what do you use? "Cloth" I replied and continued the conversation with how many linen, cotton napkins were in the house. There must be five or six colors with eight for most sets. Draining bacon or sausage after frying/browning I now use white terry cloths to soak up the excess grease when on occasion we eat this for breakfast or in preparing casserole or other dish. My thoughts are we're washing anyway so just add those when doing white or colored loads of laundry. Water and lots of it is used when manufacturing these papers. Our world isn't about convenience anymore, it's about reducing our waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment