Sunday, April 19, 2009

Media Scores

A word of caution with some Green information. If it sounds too good to be true it may be not 100% accurate. Someone claiming their product is Green, if it falls into the category of stuff, it may be Green but do you need it. Recently during a seminar put on by the regional Chamber in our area, Mike Anderson with CSS out of Tampa, used the word Stuffication. Can I relate to that word. During those years in corporate Amercia I was caught up in the buy, buy, buy. When I started consulting and speaking I looked in my closets, yes, plural, and asking myself What Were You Thinking. Amercian love their stuff. Count me out. Think about buying and whether the money is worth more in your savings/checking account versus the product. Simple rule: Do I need it? How will I use it? What impact does it have on quality of life? If the product is not Green you have been scammed. If your need is not strong and you buy, you've scammed yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment