Sunday, April 29, 2012

Green Chatter and Food Ok. Attempting to start a new blog regarding healthy eating and tinkering with the idea of food certification and every food title I could think of was taken. Even the term used in France for food was unavailable. So here we go I'm using my old blog Green Chatter until the creativity kicks in for some food related word or expression that is truly original. Summer with fresh vegetables is a favorite of mine. A local restaurant makes this Greek Salad and I love it so much but the last time I ordered the salad there the chucks of tomato, cucumber, etc were huge! Making my own recipe was must more appealing so here goes: Greek Salad Chop two or three pickling cucumbers Chop one tomato Chop three or four slices of red onion Chop half of a bell pepper, any color will do Add 10 kalamata olives Add 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese Cover all with Greek dressing: Buy a container of Greek seasoning In a measuring cup take 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup vinegar. Add 1 tablespoon of seasoning and 1 teaspoon of sugar, mix well before pousing over vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment