Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wow, what can happen to sun exposed skin

June 13th I had a basal cell carcinoma removed and this the fourth day I still look like a red/blue wounded raccoon. There was little communication from the doctor's office. When can I resume exercise? When the antibiotic ointment is gone can I switch to poly or neo sporin? When can I anticipate the swelling to go down? How long will it take for the drainage to stop? How long do I have to remain horizonal?
Can I wear makeup and when? When can I get water on my wound? I want desparately to wash my hair, when can that happen? Do I protect the wound from water and for how long?

Only when I called with a question were any answers given...one at a time...do you think if plastic surgery was an everyday occurance these would be some of the things a patient may want to know. This wasn't for fun or youthful looking, this was cancer...slow growing cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment