Wednesday, June 1, 2011

After the storms

Even attempting to volunteer doesn't seem to work, immediately after the storms I signed up with the North Conference through the church. The first day was fun because I fielded calls from New York, Spokane, some little town in Illinois, Oklahoma, one of the Carolina's. The connection made over the telephone is amazing when people reach out from the rest of the US to help. It is what church and faith are all about, serving one another. Everyone gets that, it is in The Book ie Bible.

We live in a beautiful southern city as well as a beautiful neighborhood but I want to leave so bad to be closer to family. Little did I realize how bad the housing market was when we put the house on the market. With the economy is still in the tank it may take awhile!

Our world is unique and our values are so confusing to me sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment