Sunday, January 9, 2011

Our humble little church

Today our minister reminded us of our baptism. Most Christians are baptized as babies and we do not remember because of our infancy. It was delightful to have this blessing today. Unfortunately I wore a hat which I quickly took off not wanting to miss the blessing. I was also glad to have my husband by my side.

He frequently stays away from joining me on Sunday simply because the demands of clients. It is such a wonderful experience to witness His presence in the presence of so many fellow parishioners. Our church family to very special and we are going GREEN as today our bulletin was half the size of the usual handout. Going GREEN is one tiny way to help Mother Earth and one so many churches can do by reducing printing and reducing paper products. I for one would not hesitate to take plates and flatware from home, wipe off and return home for washing when serving a meal at church...just a thought on reducing waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment