Sunday, May 1, 2011

tornadoes and power

Thank God we were spared the disaster that hurt, killed, and destroyed so many in the state of Alabama. As insignificant compared to others we had no power until Saturday afternoon. It was such a relief when after a day of yard work I came in for a drink of water only to have the lights flicker on. I feel so grateful for having survived and feel so badly for those that lost everything. In 1979 we moved a household full of furniture and all the paraphernalia that goes along with moving a family of four. Robbers stole the moving van and it's contents...not a fun filled happening. There was no loss of life, but the stealing caused me great pain, the emotional type. I lost my babies pictures and everything my grandparents had given me. The tears were in the heart not the eyes. My sons will never forget I'm sure, the loss of everything they knew. Tragedy make us grateful for what we have when we are spared the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment