Monday, January 4, 2010

Engineering

Having bought a new clothes washer and drier this summer we purchased an energy efficient washer. The problem is not the energy, the problem is someone in engineering assumes I do not know how to think for myself.

When it comes to engineering and technology someone in engineering is not smart...the washer has managed to re-program itself and now a light load of clothes is taking 53 minutes. I have been doing laundry for over 4o years. I think I know how long a light load of wash needs as well as any other wash. Can we stop thinking for people and allow them to think for themselves?

So the energy smart clothes washer is now using way too much water...what's more important? Water or energy...ask a almond farmer in California, the answer is water not electricity.

If we are allowed to think for ourselves we could save both energy and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment